Fill in the following gaps with prepositions:
The passengers are ready to go __________ the ship.
There's always a lot of fuss __________ that issue.
He reached a level far __________ the others.
You can't afford to be __________ work today.
According to the weather forecast, it will rain tomorrow.
We walked __________ the park and enjoyed the scenery.
Let's meet up __________ the party.
You don't have to agree __________ everything I say.
She was always __________ her time in the fashion world.
We'll go hiking __________ the beautiful mountains.
She sat __________ her best friend at the picnic.
__________ all the noise, I heard your voice.
__________ the chaos, there was a sense of calm.
The treasure was hidden __________ the rocks.
There are no secrets __________ us.
He's always whining __________ something.
The cat is hiding __________ the table.
They lived happily __________ their means.
Let's exclude John __________ our plans.
Following the recipe, add sugar __________ the mix.
We can't continue __________ you.
The view __________ the mountain was breathtaking.
We must be there __________ noon.
Don't leave your backpack __________ the chair.
They're having a discussion __________ politics.
I can't believe you're still stuck __________ the past.
Let's go __________ the woods and explore.
I need your help __________ this matter.
We are all dependent __________ each other.
This book is dedicated __________ my parents.
She's afraid __________ snakes.
They argued loudly __________ the decision.
His success is attributed __________ hard work.
You need to apologize __________ your behavior.
She's addicted __________ social media.
I'm not interested __________ politics.
The children are playing __________ the yard.
We need to comply __________ the rules.
She's confident __________ her abilities.
I'm impressed __________ your progress.
They live __________ the city center.
He was charged __________ stealing.
This is a great solution __________ the problem.
I'm tired __________ waiting.
Don't be blind __________ the truth.
He often boasts __________ his achievements.
We're counting __________ your support.
They always care __________ their customers.
She's capable __________ solving complex problems.
I can't believe you're guilty __________ such a crime.
I hanker __________ adventure.
He's ignorant __________ the subject.
The company is indebted __________ its employees.
They are independent __________ external influences.
I indulge __________ occasional treats.
He's innocent __________ any wrongdoing.
The police conducted an inquiry __________ the matter.
She insisted __________ coming with us.
__________ spite __________ the rain, we went hiking.
I have a strong interest __________ art.
Don't interfere __________ their business.
He often laughs __________ my jokes.
We need to lead __________ a new era.
The monument is dedicated __________ soldiers.
We mourn __________ the loss of a great artist.
Good nutrition is essential __________ health.
We made an exception __________ the rule.
She excludes him __________ her plans.
They have experience __________ marketing.
He was faced __________ a difficult decision.
Let's pray __________ world peace.
I prefer coffee __________ tea.
Show some respect __________ your elders.
He always responds __________ emails promptly.
He retired __________ his job at age 65.
We'll return __________ the topic later.
The workers revolted __________ the unfair treatment.
Don't shout __________ your sister.
She smiled __________ the compliment.
This is a potential solution __________ the problem.
I'm sorry __________ your loss.
She suffers __________ migraines.
This dress is suited __________ formal occasions.
She's superior __________ her peers.
We offer our sympathy __________ your loss.
I have a strong taste __________ spicy food.
He's true __________ his word.
This coupon is valid __________ one year.
We're going __________ a walk-up apartment.
I can't believe you climbed __________ that tree!
Don't make a fuss __________ minor issues.
We should aim __________ success.
They're alarmed __________ the sudden noise.
Let's allot time __________ each task.
He has an alternative __________ this plan.
She has a deep affection __________ animals.
I admire his dedication __________ his work.
The teacher is strict __________ her students.
She's always been biased __________ her son.
Don't boast __________ your achievements.
Preposition Workshhet-1.0 Answer
The passengers are ready to go aboard the ship.
There's always a lot of fuss about that issue.
He reached a level far above the others.
You can't afford to be absent from work today.
According to the weather forecast, it will rain tomorrow.
We walked across the park and enjoyed the scenery.
Let's meet up after the party.
You don't have to agree against everything I say.
She was always ahead of her time in the fashion world.
We'll go hiking along the beautiful mountains.
She sat alongside her best friend at the picnic.
Amid all the chaos, the preposition amid stands out.
Amidst the rubble, you have the word amidst.
The treasure was hidden among the rocks.
There are no secrets between us.
He's always whining about something.
The cat is hiding behind the table.
They lived happily above their means.
Let's exclude John from our plans.
Following the recipe, add sugar to the mix.
We can't continue without you.
The view atop the mountain was breathtaking.
We must be there before noon.
Don't look past the preposition past.
Below the surface of the water, you can find hidden treasures.
I can't believe you're still stuck in the past.
Let's go around the woods and explore.
I need your help with this matter.
We are all dependent on each other.
This book is dedicated to my parents.
She's afraid of snakes.
They argued loudly about the decision.
His success is attributed to hard work.
You need to apologize for your behavior.
She's addicted to social media.
I'm not interested in politics.
The children are playing in the yard.
We need to comply with the rules.
She's confident in her abilities.
I'm impressed by your progress.
They live in the city center.
He was charged with stealing.
This is a great solution to the problem.
I'm tired of waiting.
Don't be blind to the truth.
He often boasts of his achievements.
We're counting on your support.
They always care for their customers.
She's capable of solving complex problems.
I can't believe you're guilty of such a crime.
I hanker after adventure.
He's ignorant of the subject.
The company is indebted to its employees.
They are independent of external influences.
I indulge in occasional treats.
He's innocent of any wrongdoing.
The police conducted an inquiry into the matter.
She insisted on coming with us.
In spite of the rain, we went hiking.
I have a strong interest in art.
Don't interfere in their business.
He often laughs at my jokes.
We need to lead to a new era.
The monument is dedicated to soldiers.
We mourn for the loss of a great artist.
Good nutrition is essential for health.
We made an exception to the rule.
She excludes him from her plans.
They have experience in marketing.
He was faced with a difficult decision.
Let's pray for world peace.
I prefer coffee to tea.
Show some respect to your elders.
He always responds to emails promptly.
He retired from his job at age 65.
We'll return to the topic later.
The workers revolted against unfair treatment.
Don't shout at your sister.
She smiled at the compliment.
This is a potential solution to the problem.
I'm sorry for your loss.
She suffers from migraines.
This dress is suited for formal occasions.
She's superior to her peers.
We offer our sympathy for your loss.
I have a strong taste for spicy food.
He's true to his word.
This coupon is valid for one year.
We're going to a walk-up apartment.
I can't believe you climbed up that tree!
Don't make a fuss about minor issues.
We should aim for success.
They're alarmed at the sudden noise.
Let's allot time for each task.
He has an alternative to this plan.
She has a deep affection for animals.
I admire his dedication to his work.
The teacher is strict with her students.
She's always been biased towards her son.
Don't boast about your achievements.
Preposition Worksheet 1.1
1. Industrial production has expanded __ the last three decades.
2. Someone came to meet you __ you were out.
3. We watched TV __ two hours.
4. __ his visit, the Pope will also bless the new hospital.
5. I lived in London __ two years.
6. I went to Scotland twice __ my stay in London.
7. I’ll be at home __ the weekend. We can meet then.
8. I visited my home town after many years. __ those years, a lot had changed.
9. I watched five movies __ I was ill.
10. The castle was built __ tenth century.
11. There were many interruptions __ the chief guest’s speech.
12. Can you prepare the dishes __ I fetch milk from the nearby store?
13. I was ill __ few days last week.
14. I hurt my leg __ climbing stairs.
15. I didn’t miss a single class __ my first year.
16. Most students looked bored __ the lecture.
17. Because I had to reach home before dinner, I could stay with my friends __ just two hours.
18. I visited most places of touristic interest __ my stay in Paris.
19. You shouldn’t look directly at the Sun __ an eclipse.
20. __ a pause in the conversation, I excused myself and left for home.
21. There were fifty rooms __ the hotel.
22. I play cricket __ the Lion’s Cricket Club every weekend.
23. The flight was fine, but the food __ the plane wasn’t good.
24. I first saw the newly-launched phone in the shop __ MG Road.
25. The meeting between the two head of the states will take place __ Race Course Road.
26. Hurry up, we’ve to leave __ five minutes.
27. I don’t like traveling __ night.
28. I liked the book so much that I finished it __ a day.
29. I’m going for lunch and will be back __ 30 minutes.
30. Smith is busy __ the moment.
31. Michael Phelps won eight gold medals __ Beijing in 2008.
32. I went to see him off __ the station.
33. After the train left, it started to rain. So I took shelter __ the station.
34. I’ve got __ to the train and will reach Bangalore by 6 PM.
35. There was a security alert __ the airport.
36. Take a left turn __ the roundabout.
37. I see a spider __ the door.
38. Show me what’s there __ your bag.
39. There are plenty of fish __ this pond.
40. What time do you usually arrive __ work?
41. Let’s meet ___ the morning tomorrow.
42. Let’s meet ___ Friday morning.
43. I’m flying out to Madrid ___ Tuesday.
44. The train left ___ 9 AM.
45. I’m shifting to a new locality ___ summer.
46. Someone is there ___ the window.
47. Munich lies ___ the South of Germany.
48. A fly is sitting ___ his shoulder.
49. Which is the most populous city ___ the world?
50. The shelf is cluttered with too many books ___ it.
51. They’ve been married ___ six years.
52. X: How long did you stay at the party yesterday night? Y: ___ 1 AM.
53. The temperature is five degrees ___ zero. (Over, above, beneath, from)
54. I’m used to working ___ nine ___ nine. (Since, from, for, at)
55. How often do you go ___ the gym?
56. I went ___ my friend’s house, but she wasn’t ___ home.
57. X: What course did you take ___ university? Y: I didn’t go ___ university.
58. He won’t come to the office for another four days, as he is ___ holiday.
59. I attended the conference on digital marketing yesterday. There I met Jennifer ___ the lunch break.
60. Output at the plant went down by almost 40 percent ___ the strike.
61. The phone bill has to be paid __ Friday.
62. Don’t pay the bill today. Wait __ tomorrow.
63. The book fare is open __ 05 April.
64. If you want to get books at a discount, get them __ 05 April, the last date of the book fare.
65. You have to bring my car back __ the end of the month.
66. You can borrow my car __ the end of the month.
67. I waited for him __ 8:30 AM, and then I left for the office alone.
68. I’ve to leave for office __ 8:30 AM.
69. I’ve given myself __ June to find a job.
70. I’ve to find a job __ June.
71. I waited for my friend __ 5 PM, but he didn’t turn up.
72. My friend didn’t turn up even __ 5 PM.
73. You’ve to submit your assignment __ Thursday noon.
74. You’ve __ Thursday noon to submit your assignment.
75. Please return my book __ Sunday evening.
76. You’ve __ Sunday evening to return my book.
77. Most people left the party __ 2 AM.
78. The party went on __ 4 AM.
79. I’ve taken a resolution to not drink __ the end of year.
80. I’ll return your money __ the end of the year.
81. He was shot __ a pistol.
82. He wiped his face __ a tissue.
83. I prefer watching sporting events __ television than see them live in the stadium.
84. Japanese trains are almost always __ time.
85. My immunity to common cold is low, especially __ winter.
86. Would you like anything to drink __ your meal?
87. There is someone __ the door. Go and check who he is.
88. The fog was so thick that it was like walking __ the clouds.
89. The kid was so short that he couldn’t see __ the steering wheel.
90. The thieves climbed up the drain pipe and entered the house __ the window.
91. I somehow made it __ the road unscathed despite so much traffic.
92. We made our way to the first camp of our trek __ a narrow trail.
93. She drew a line __ the map.
94. I saw the dog scrambling __ the road.
95. There were hardly any American brands __ the cars in the parking.
96. The presenter drew a line __ the whiteboard to separate the two sets of data.
97. We had lunch at a restaurant on our way __ the airport.
98. The meeting was supposed to start at 9 AM, but it didn’t start __.
99. I got home just __ to escape the heavy rain.
100. Mr. Smith is busy __ present.
101. X: When are you coming back? Y: ___ Friday.
102. He’s ___ a vacation. He’ll be back ___ a week.
103. X: When did you come? Y: I’ve been here ___ 6 PM.
104. He came to see you ___ you had gone to college.
105. I bought the pen ___ one dollar.
106. I want to hand ___ the assignment? (About, around, in, of)
107. Many English words come ___ Latin.
108. Kindly take your feet ___ the table.
109. Can you put this picture ___ the wall?
110. Jane is going ___ UK next week.
111. In tennis, you have to hit the ball ___ the net.
112. How far is it ___ here ___ the airport?
113. Can you put this film ___ my camera?
114. The antelope swam ___ the river to escape the predators.
115. We’re going ___ the cinema tomorrow.
116. When did you arrive ___ London?
117. What time does the train get ___ London?
118. What time does the train reach ___ London?
119. I watched the news ___ television.
120. X: The shop is ___ fire. Call fire services.
Preposition Worksheet 1.1 Answer
7. during/ over
10. during/ in
15. during/ in
24. in/ on
31. at/ in
56. to, at
57. at, to
85. in/ during
93. on/ across
98. on time
99. in time
102. on, in
118. no preposition required